Thursday, July 12, 2012

Winding Down and Ramping Up



My summer is winding down and fall is ramping up!  I have had a lovely summer break my accomplishments...  rest, relaxation, sewing, sorting, organizing, cleaning, canning, family time, girls day out with a dear friend, and the list goes on and on.

I love the lazy-hazy days of summer.  I remember as a child they seemed to go on forever what a pleasure it was to sleep in and not be on a schedule, family reunions, vacations at the lake.  But in the fall there were new shoes and clothes, pencils and notebooks, friends that we hadn't seen in weeks, schedule and organization to our days...  Every time of year has a draw doesn't it.  God is so good.

Ecclesiastes 3
1 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:


With going back to work I have to find time slots to can and sew but they are there it's just a bit harder to push it all into the same amount of time.

 My dear husbands schedule starts to slow a bit after I go back to work (isn't that always the way :D).  So he starts to think of the mountains and wood gathering.  He likes to see the wood all split and stacked, knowing it will keep us warm and dry through the winter's cold, just like I like to see the jars of summer's bounty lining my pantry shelves.   I see meals and menus when I look at those jars.  And when he looks at the lines of wood he sees warm evenings by the fire, all snug and cozy, while the winter winds howl outside.

So whether your summer is winding down or still ramping-up I hope you have a GREAT day.
a little bird


No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...