Monday, June 11, 2012

Test Pattern or Pattern Test



I only added four godets.  Eight would have been overwhelming in this cotton material.  This is a pattern test, 'a muslin'.  This is a sheet that I purchased from the thrift store and the godets were a pillow case from the same thrift store.  It's always nice to do a test in an inexpensive fabric before cutting into the good stuff.
This material is a bit stiffer than I would like. A drape rayon would hang better.


Will I make this again?? 
I'm not sure, I'm still deciding. 
Is it comfortable -yes. 
Lightweight for summer heat -yes
Does it look like I'm wearing a sheet -tee hee -yes.
But for hanging out in the back yard
working in the garden or house.
It will be okay.

the little bird






1 comment:

  1. I really like this skirt..You should make it again..I love the color of the skirt,and it doesn't look like a sheet to me..ha

    ReplyDelete

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...