Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Sewing, sewing and more sewing...

I truly have been enjoying my summer break and doing lots of sewing.  I made a forth skirt last Saturday and now am working on an apron.




The apron I am making with my grandmothers treadle sewing machine.   It is a Ruby by New Home.  I think it was produced around 1920.  It still sews like a champ!!  My only fuss is that it is straight forward stitches only.  I am spoiled I know but I love the fancy stitches and of course a back stitch to lock the seam at edges or strengthen an area.  While doing some reading on the net about treadles I came across something new to me.

Janome Treadle Powered Sewing Machine 712T
"The 712T allows you to sew with no electrical power. Designed for use by Amish communities, it has 10 utility stitches plus a built-in buttonhole stitch, and a flatbed design to fit existing sewing cabinetry. The top-loading bobbin system and the handy threading guide make changing top and bottom thread easy. And legendary Janome stitch quality helps make learning to sew frustration-free for students and teachers alike."

This beauty is the cats meow!
I am counting my pennies to see if I can order it...  


It does not come with a treadle table so I would have to find one of those separately.   I have been discussing with myself want verses need.  This is not a need - but it is a want.  Some wants are okay, right??

 Well I just thought I would take a break from the sewing table to touch base with the blog.  Hope you are having a great day and enjoying some fun activities that refresh your soul.
the little bird

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...