Monday, June 11, 2012

A-Line Skirt

I never posted the pictures of my A-Line skirt as my first project with my dress form.


This is a simple A-line skirt that I made recently. I really like it and would make the same pattern in black. It does need a pop of color on top and I think the cream, grey, brown and plum gives it the zing that it needs.
I lined the skirt in a poly satin. I didn’t connect the lining at the zip so it can be turned out for pressing. My facing is a lovely soft cotton as I am not a fan of scratchy material.









I did not attach the lining at the zipper.  I like to be able to completely turn the lining out so both can be pressed easily.




I lined the skirt with a polyester satin

My facing is interfaced with fusible pellon and then cotton facing against the skin.  I'm not a fan of scratchy material.

Hollywood waist - very flattering


The most expensive part of this skirt was the zipper.  :-)

I purchased the wool as a remnant.  I think $1.00
I had the lining from years ago.  About $1.00
The zipper was $2.50

So for about $5.00 with thread I have a nice skirt for work or church.

the little bird









No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...