Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Tomatoes...

Last night after work I did two canners of tomatoes.  I just hate to see them go to waste.  I consoled myself by saying I’m sure this is the last of the season.  We may get a few more fresh but I’m sure the last of the canner loads.    At that both DH and #1 Son said the temperatures were on the rise and our warm weather may hold a bit longer.  Well okay…

I have saurkraut in my garage.  I’m waiting for it to finish up so I can bottle it.  Then just grapes left on the vine and the harvest should be put by.  We had a really late frost here in the spring so all of the fruit trees were hit.  Our only fruit that made it were the grapes.  They will become juice. 

The house seemed a bit sad and empty this morning after all the weekend family and fun.  Our dear D-i-L and grandaughters made it home safe and sound.  Their sweet daddy, our #2 Son, picked them up at the airport.  The visits are so wonderful and it is so hard to have them so far away, but there is no place like home and I know they are all enjoying their own beds, toys, pets, etc…  
And Papa and I are already looking forward to the next time our car turns south to head down and see them.

Hope you are having a beautiful fall day.
a little bird

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...