Monday, September 3, 2012

A bit of the Garden, Pasta Sauce and Sauerkraut


Pasta Sauce 

I made a big batch of this sauce on Saturday it turned out yummy.  
It is meatless spaghetti sauce.


Beautiful Cabbage!!!





This is an antique kraut shredder.  It works wonderfully -  use with care. 


Yes you really can.  I didn't mix the two colors but kept them separate.   


It shreds perfectly


3 tablespoons salt to 5 pounds of cabbage

We had 35 pounds of cabbage.


These are just a few more pics of the garden.  My DH does all the garden work really.  I help here and there but he makes sure it is weeded, tilled, and watered.  My job is putting it by.


He does a beautiful job.  The cabbage were amazing!


Hot Peppers




White Grapes


Concord Grapes




Miss Chessie -  My Helper
Making sure all is done in order.  She has some corn silk on her nose.  
She must have been checking things over very thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...