Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Still learning...

Last night I processed my vegetable mixture for 90 minutes.  This is a long time.  This morning I did a bit more research and found:
"All tomato-vegetable mixtures must be processed in a pressure canner, according to the directions for the vegetable in the mixture that has the longest processing time."
So Easy to Preserve Cooperative Extension the University of Georgia

Onions require 40 minutes.  I think that was my longest vegetable.  Zucchini is no longer listed alone but tomatoes with zucchini are 35 minutes.  So I think I could have processed for 40 minutes.  So this gal is still learning.  My mixture turned out great and even though it was really cooked I know it will be wonderful this winter.
a little bird

1 comment:

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...