Monday, August 1, 2022

Lavender

 


My lavender has dried so I have harvested the flower buds.
It smells wonderful!! 

I have a pint of lavender buds.  My DH asked what I can do with them??

Here are some great ways to use lavender:

  • make potpourri
  • homemade soap
  • add it inside of oil lamps
  • Lavender tea
  • add to green tea
  • add to salad dressing
  • make sachets 
  • add to shortbread cookies 
Lavender Tea - a few lavender buds and some hot water and you have a lovely cup of calming tea.

Lavender infused oil - add some lavender buds to almond oil and gently warm over a simmering double boiler.  Use the oil in your homemade creams and salves.

Lavender lemonade: 
2 teaspoons lavender buds
4 cups water
Juice from 2 large lemons (or 1/4 cups store bottled)
sweeten to taste 1/3 cup sugar or 1/4 cup honey 

Place lavender buds in reusable tea bag   Pour 4 cups of boiling water over the buds and allow to steep 15 minutes. Remove tea bag and add your sweetener, stir to dissolve, allow to cool completely.
Add lemon juice and serve over ice.  Lovely!!







I tied and allowed my lavender to dry in an airy place.
Then when they were completely dried, I was able to rub them between my palms and the flower heads came right off.
I should have taken a picture....
So here are a few ideas if you have some lavender buds to harvest.
~ a little bird











No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...