Sunday, March 4, 2018

Spring Case Lot Sales


Case lot sales come to our area in the spring and the fall.  It's a nice time to buy items that you would purchase anyway.  It does require some space to house the extras but in the long run can save you $$$.  Last fall I bought some sugar and after the sale was off the price doubled..  That's a big savings.  I also like to buy tomato sauce, canned milk, etc..  The canned milk is 1/3 to 1/2 the normal price.  (I like canned milk in creamy soups - and then I can save our fresh for drinking.)  I have also used canned milk in place of half and half in recipes (Alfredo sauce and the like).

We like to have some canned soup on hand as well so this is a great time to stock up on that.  If we have unplanned lunch guests or we're just busy and need a quick something, I can always make soup and a sandwich.  

I do make it a point to check the 'best by' date on the items I purchase.  I've never had a problem but do like to check that the items have a year or more on them just in case we don't get them all used up right away.   

Do you have case lot sales in your area?  

I do remember them from my childhood in Michigan.  Although my mom says they just don't do that any more.   So now mom watches for items on sale and when she finds a good price she'll buy extra.   Smart lady.  

Hope everyone is well and starting to see signs of spring.  
Blessings to you and yours...
a little bird



No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...