Saturday, June 20, 2015

A Bushel of Mint


I did the third cutting of peppermint this morning.  I believe this is a heavy bushel.  That's a lot of tea!!  From previous cuttings I have made three batches of mint cordial and dried a gallon of mint for our winter tea use. 


Peppermint

Probably the most well known variety of mint,peppermint, or Mentha x piperita, is a hearty herb that gives off a classic mint smell when you rub its leaves. You can dry this mint for tea or use it fresh for cooking. Both dried and fresh forms are known for soothing an upset stomach, freshening breath, relieving cold symptoms, and acting as a mood lifter.

Hopefully my Daughters-in-love will take some all of this.  I hate to have it go to waste but it needed to be cut.  I don't know if I'll cut it a fourth time or let it go to flower for the bees.  
They like the mint too.

Mint Cordial - store in the refrigerator



1 comment:

  1. Mint is so pretty and I love to smell it. Wonderful... I have never had mint tea..sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...