Saturday, May 7, 2022

Great Gluten Free Recipes

 We have a D-i-L that is allergic to gluten so I'm always on the lookout for tasty gluten free recipes.  These are the two we made last night for our family dinner.


I also added chopped celery to this. I don't add the peanuts in but serve them on the side so people can choose to have them or not.  I use olive oil and not peanut oil.

NOTE: Most Soy Sauce has wheat in it. So, if you are gluten free this is a great alternative.






Chicken Curry over Rice

(Let me start by saying this is kind of a non-recipe... So, I don't have exact amounts.)
Chicken thighs or breast meat - your preference
I cooked chicken thighs let them cool enough to remove the meat from the bone.  Set aside.
1 to 2 tablespoons cooking oil to the same pan 
Sauté 1 medium sliced onion to tender
Add minced ginger and minced garlic, this is to taste I like both, so I used 1 tablespoon ginger and 1
 tablespoon garlic
Add 1 tablespoon curry powder
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups chicken broth
let this simmer a few minutes
add your cooked chicken in 
Add one can of coconut milk stir and simmer.
I used some arrowroot powder as a thickener.
Serve over rice


These were both big hits at our family dinner last night.  They were packed with flavor, vegetables, healthy nutrition, and enjoyed by all.

I also made a Blender Rice Bread - it turned out great!!  I will share that recipe next time.  So nice to have a bread that I can serve with soup when we are all together that our D-i-L can enjoy as well.

~a little bird



No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...