Thursday, June 12, 2014

Tattler Lid Review

 




Today I finally used some of the Tattler lids I purchased.  They are reusable rubbers and lids.  A bit like stepping back in time.  I thought they were very easy to use.  They have one step that is different from normal lids being that as soon as you pull them from the canner you tighten the lid.
The towel does get wet therefore hot so change the spot you're using on the towel so you don't get burned.  I think I could have used nice rubber gloves too but I didn't have a pair handy...

These lids have been around since the 1979.  They are made in the USA and BPA free.
All of my lids sealed so I'm very pleased with them!!
They do cost more!  A dozen  Tattler lids costs about $10.00 compared to normal canning lids that are about $2.50 a dozen.  But since you use them again and again I think they are worth it.  If you use them four times you have paid the same as normal throw-away lids.  So every use after that is free.



all of the lids are down and sealed
I am really pleased and would recommend them.  I will purchase some more. 

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea... And using them over and over will definitely pay for them.. and we are not filling up the landfill, with more and more items.

    ReplyDelete

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...