Sunday, January 26, 2014

Homemade goo remover

I reuse glass jars but really dislike labels so work to remove them.  Some a soak in hot sudsy water and the label slips right off and some it is a sticky gooey mess.  Well I had one of those today.
 
 
I wish I'd have taken a before picture to show it.   I did a search for homemade goo remover and found this info.  Mix baking soda and shortening or coconut oil. I did half and half.  I really didn't expect this to work but it did.  I rubbed it on left if for a bit came back and washed the jar and all the goo came right off.   I will use this again and thought I would  share in case you too need a goo remover for CHEAP!!!

 
I used about 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 1 tablespoon of a shortening - coconut oil mix.
 
As you can see below the jar came out great and no goo.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you, thank you... As you said, some lablels will just wash right off.but some..................eeeeeh!! I put a syrup jar in hot soapy water, and scrubbed and scrubbed ..bits by bits.. I was ready to throw the jar in the garbage..ha
    I will definitely try this.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...