Sunday, October 14, 2012

There's no place like home.

I have been traveling for work.  Attending an annual conference and seeing all of the wonderful new products available.  And wonderful they are.  We have taken amazing strides with technology.  I won't go into details and bore everyone.

How did we ever live without all the technology we have at our very fingertips...
I guess I'm telling my age but I remember the first color TV on our block.  How far we've come.  I watched a movie on the plane on my smart phone both going and coming to entertain myself during the long flight.  Long flight.  I flew across the U.S. in a few hours.  Again amazing.  We email, blog, text, without thinking twice.  It has become who we are.  We are connected.

A friend and I were talking and the tech topic came up, what would we do if it all went away.  Would we be able to step back into time 100 years.  Our specific conversation was about the power grid.  If our power grid ever went down our world would change beyond our recognition I think.  No freezers, no refrigeration, no smartphones, computers, I don't know about you but I like living on the grid.  I love having a washing machine and dryer.  At work I am so tied to the computer if the power goes out we just go home.  Everything we do is electronically driven...

I guess I'm just rambling.  I'm glad to be home in our little town that is agriculturally based.  Visiting the 'big' city is neat for a few days but there is no place like home.




This is the lovely hotel that the conference was held. 
The sky line is stunning the view overlooking the river is beautiful.  Watching the tugs navigating the barges  is both interesting and entertaining. The shopping is wonderful.   
But I am not a city girl.  
It's fun to visit for a short time but the country life is for me. 
a little bird








Green acres is the place for me.
Farm livin' is the life for me.
Land spreadin' out so far and wide
Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside.

New York is where I'd rather stay.
I get allergic smelling hay.
I just adore a penthouse view.
Dah-ling I love you but give me Park Avenue.

...The chores.
...The stores.
...Fresh air.
...Times Square

You are my wife.
Good bye, city life.
Green Acres we are there.


1 comment:

  1. What beautiful photos , thankyou for sharing.. You are so right, there is no place like home.
    Proud you had a good trip..
    ps , I remember when the color tv's came out too.ha

    ReplyDelete

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...