Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Limes

 I really like limes!  When I saw Homesteading Family's post on fermenting limes, I wanted to give it a try.


DH wanted salad today, so I needed to go to the grocery store. 
 As long as I was there, I picked up limes.
I gave them a good scrub and placed them in a clean 2-quart jar. There are eight limes in the jar.
Then I made a brine of 2 tablespoons plain salt to one quart of water.



Above you can see my fermenting puck holding everything under the brine.


And here it is on the counter to ferment.  I have it covered to keep dust out, but the cloth allows gases to escape.
The main goal is to keep the food product under the brine.

I'll let you know how these turn out.
~a little bird

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...