Sunday, February 6, 2022

Quiet Weekend

 We are having a quiet, stay-at-home weekend.  A bit of house cleaning yesterday; the normal Saturday stuff.  

Yesterday for dinner DH asked for pancakes.  He wanted to try Cowboy Pancakes.  I am not normally a pancake person, but I really liked these.  I served them with fried ham and eggs.




Today DH wanted chili because it's just cold here! I like cornbread with chili.  So that was our lunch (both chili and cornbread are great pantry meals).

I watched a really cute movie.  I.Q. it is currently free on YouTube (with ads).   It is rated PG.




My chili recipe:

2 onions chopped
garlic
1 pound hamburger 
green pepper
celery
2 quarts stewed tomatoes
1 quart pinto beans
chili powder
salt

I fry my onions in olive oil, add the garlic when the onions are translucent, add the hamburger and brown that, add the green pepper and celery (I use fresh or dehydrated).
Add the tomatoes and pinto beans and let it all simmer for 30 minutes or so.
Then I add the chili powder and salt to taste.  Then let it simmer a bit longer.



Cornbread recipe:

1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
2 to 4 tablespoons sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil

I whisk my dry ingredients together and then add the wet.  Give it a good stir and pour into a greased 9x9 pan.  Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.

~a little bird






No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...