Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Shortages and Empty Shelves...

 

(Above photo public domain)

Have you noticed any empty shelves at the grocery store?

My local store had one bag of dry cat food. (Which I didn't purchase in case someone else needed it.)  They did have dog food but one bag of dry cat food.
The produce section was VERY limited.  And to be honest the little that they had was priced high and didn't look fresh at all.  I bought some lettuce and made a salad.  It wasn't good at all.  I bagged it up to send home with d-i-l for the chickens.
There were other areas in the store that seemed 'normal'.  There was plenty of laundry soap and dish soap.

Yesterday I went to Costco to pick-up a few items.  The prices were up a bit, but not terrible.  They did have dry cat food though - which Louie will appreciate.


There were two areas that really stood out at Costco. One was there was no fresh chicken.  They did have canned, but no fresh.  The entire case where the fresh chicken usually is was filled with bacon.  I wish I had gotten a picture. It was such a weird sight.  The other noticeable area was the produce.  They too, had a much smaller stock of produce than I'm used to seeing there.  Items were placed further apart with more walking space to give the appearance of normal, but if you are used to shopping there you could see the changes.

I don't remember ever seeing shortages before in my lifetime.  I have to admit it is a little disconcerting.  

Are you seeing shortages in your areas?  Wishing you well.  ~a little bird


2 comments:

  1. They shelves are almost full except for the dairy aisle where most yogurt is missing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful. Maybe it's just our area, or the day of the week. Who knows.😊🤔

    ReplyDelete

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...