Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Strawberry Jam

 My DH loves strawberry jam.  He chooses that before any other and although he will eat other jam on occasion.... his preference is strawberry.  We ran out of strawberry jam.  😐

When I went shopping at Costco, they didn't have Strawberry Jam either.  They had a spread that he has tried before and wasn't all that enamored with.  So today I pulled some frozen strawberries out to make some more jam.  It worked out well.



2 quarts frozen strawberries (I thawed them and blitzed in the food processor)

lemon juice - I used 1/8 to 1/4 cup

7 cups sugar (yes, that's a lot of sugar, but this is jam!)

I brought it all to a boil and cooked until it had jelled.

This yielded 4 pints of jam. 


This is warm jam on a whole wheat roll.  Pretty yummy! 

One jar went to the refrigerator for immediate use and the other three I water bathed (10 minutes for our altitude) for the future.  


~a little bird





No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...