Friday, March 4, 2022

Lime Preservation Update

 I wanted to do a follow-up post on the limes - it's been a month now so wanted to see how they were doing.


As you can see, they are lighter in color and have swollen some.



Inside they look fine.  I noticed the rind was a bit tough when slicing through.



The biggest thing is they are dry.  There doesn't seem to be any juice to 'squeeze' out.  The flesh tastes good and I put a slice in some hot water to make a tea and it has a wonderful lime taste.  

Last night we had burritos for dinner.  There is no juice to squeeze out, so I put a small amount of the lime flesh in mine, and it was good that way.

Conclusion: They can be sliced and added to a drink hot or cold, the flesh can be used and has good flavor, but if juice is what you want these do not work for that.  

I think the way that I will use them is in tea or in ice water to give it a lovely lime refreshing lift of flavor.  

On a scale of 1 to 10, I would say an 8.  This is a good way of preserving the limes for a longer period of time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...