Sunday, March 13, 2022

Seed Starting Has Begun

I have started some seeds for this year's garden. 


Paper Pots with the seeds planted


 

Mini Green House
As soon as these sprout I will put them under grow lights.  Keep your grow lights about two inches above your plants so they don't become 'leggy'.




Foil lined tote with grow light in the top

I am trying to grow onions from seed this year.  They are starting to sprout.  
I have purchased Sweet Spanish Yellow Onion seed. 

Hoping to get a good start before it's time to set them out.  We can have a frost here as late as May 31st.
So our tender plants don't go out until mid to late May and then we cover them for protection.
I need to start some pepper plants as well.

The Family Room decor changes this time of year.  The plastic tablecloth comes out to protect the drop leaf table.  The grow light totes come out etc.  Not the most attractive but, I certainly enjoy the produce.

Happy gardening!
a little bird

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...