Wednesday, September 4, 2013

That time of year again - busy

It feels like we are on the busy side of the year.  Fall is getting wood, putting food by, doing all the needed things for winter...  Oh and lets throw in working a pay money job too.  :-)

I wonder if God planned it that way?  Hurry, scurry and then when winter arrives and the snow blankets the earth to give it a rest from producing and it gives us a rest from putting by too.  We serve a wonderful God.

But it isn't winter yet, fall has just begun, so we are right in the middle of 'putting by' season.

We went to the hills Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and came home Sunday.  It was a wood gathering time.  The fellows cut and hauled numerous truck and trailer loads out for our winters warmth.

Monday d-i-l did her beautiful pickles.  They were at the perfect flavor so it was time to get them processed.  I did a batch of lemon curd.  And the fellows all went to do bees.

Tuesday evening I processed my pickles and DH and I jarred the filtered honey.  (That is always a sweet yet sticky job...  which requires a good kitchen wash up afterward.)  Then it was time for bed.

DH came in and said the apples are ready and the tomatoes are really coming on.  This is all good too and they will need to be fit into the evening schedule.

I hope you are all having a beautiful fall and busy 'putting by' your stores for winter too.
hugs,
the ant, no no no I mean, a little bird

d-i-l's beautiful pickles





cooling for 12 - 24 hours before moving
if you do it can interrupt the sealing process


the honey jars are washed and drying to remove any sweet sticky residue

I didn't get a picture of all the wood
I will put that on my list of  'to dos'
Have a GREAT day!!


Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. – Proverbs 6:6-8

I don't want to be called a sluggard so I better keep busy.


1 comment:

  1. Wow...you have really accomplished a lot.. Preparing for the winter.. God is Awsome.. He does teach us these things. Shows how much He loves each of us.. and doesn't it feel good, to look around when your doing that work,and know He is with us.
    Thanks for your checking in on me.. I appreciate your prayers.

    ReplyDelete

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...